Special Hazards Fire Protection Systems
Fire Suppression Systems for Hazardous Facilities, Equipment or Material
Foam Test - May 9th
At Reliance Fire Protection, we know what system is needed for your environment in order to suppress a fire quickly and effectively, with minimal damage. Our NICET certified design team can create the best solution for the most challenging and unique fire protection needs. With 30 years of experience in the fire protection industry, Reliance Fire Protection is a company you can trust to install or retrofit a suppression system into your facility. We serve the Maryland, Virginia, and Washington D.C. areas.
Choosing the Right Suppression System
Protecting your property calls for different suppression systems based on the special hazards inside and the use of your facilities. Whether you are protecting historical artifacts in a museum or running a power plant, the detection of a fire and the fast-acting response of a system is important to help limit damage to your assets, people and building. Based on your facility’s needs we can help you design, install, test, inspect and service a special hazard fire protection system.
Common Special Hazards Fire Protection Systems:
- Deluge Systems: A water-based sprinkler system that has open nozzles to quickly release a large douse of water over a wide area. This system is used in high hazard areas such as chemical storage facilities and power plants.
- High Expansion Foam Systems: This suppression system releases a blanket of foam to smother and suppress a fire. High Expansion foam is used in aircraft hangers and high combustible storage.
- CO2 Systems: A fast acting fire suppression system that uses CO2 to suppress a fire. This system leaves no residue, requires no clean-up, is non-conducive and is used commonly for electronic operations and power generation.
- Clean Agent Systems: Clean Agents are gaseous fire suppressants that are electrically non-conducive, leave no residue behind, are safe for humans, and environmentally friendly. Clean agent systems are ideal for environments with sensitive or delicate equipment.
- Water Mist Systems: This fire protection system uses very fine water droplets or mist to put out a fire. Water mist systems use less water and create less water damage than traditional sprinkler systems. They are used in mining facilities, museums and various industrial plants.
Stay Up To Date With Reliance
Our team knows the NFPA codes and standards inside and out. Our experienced technicians meet with your company to determine the right system in compliance with national regulations. Whether you’re working with new construction or retrofitting an existing establishment, the correct fire suppression system saves lives.
We Are Your Full-Service Fire Protection Contractor
Reliance Fire Protection is your full-service fire safety contractor. We not only design and install a fire suppression system fit for your needs, but we also offer ongoing service plans, inspection and monitoring services. Keeping your systems ready is critical to limit damage in case of an emergency. Our ongoing services can be bundled to save you time and money and we offer 24-hour emergency service for those unexpected needs that may arise.